Considering window tinting for your Edmonton home or office? Whether it’s to reduce heat & glare, eliminate the bulk of harmful UV rays from entering your interior space, or to improve energy efficiency, window tinting is a beneficial upgrade. For nearly 30 years, Reflectech has provided glass tinting services to businesses and homeowners throughout Edmonton. Over the years, our process has been tweaked and refined down to an art form. Here’s how we do it.
The very first step is always to choose the specific type of window film you wish to use. There are many variations in window tints, each designed with a particular result in mind. Once we understand the result you’re hoping to achieve, we’ll recommend one or more potential products you can use to attain the desired outcome. The remainder of the process is three-fold.
- Cleaning the windows. To ensure the best possible result and to get and maintain a clear view of how the work is progressing, we start by thoroughly cleaning the glass on which the film is to be laid. Any amount of dust or dirt can be problematic so eliminating it is essential.
- Cutting the film. Depending on the window and the tint being used, we’ll either cut the film to size using a machine or by hand. Irregular windows may also require some onsite custom trimming.
- Laying the film. Placing the film on the glass requires care and precision. Both the glass and the film will be thoroughly moistened which allows creases and bubbles to be smoothed away. Using a combination of squeegees, trim guides & absorbent towels, the end result will be seamless.
How window tinting works
The process of window tinting requires the use of a film fabricated from a polyester laminate coated with agents such as metals and nano particles. One side is scratch-resistant and the other is coated in an adhesive. Depending on how the film is treated, any or all of the following will result:
- UV rays will be filtered out
- Visible light and glare will be reduced
- Heat caused by the sun’s rays will be reduced
- Windows will be better insulated and energy efficiency will improve
Window tinting in Edmonton
Think Reflectech for all your window tinting needs. Whether you’re in need of glass tinting in your home or at your place of business, we’ll be there to install the film that best suits your needs. Contact us today to get more information or to receive a free estimate.